Assia Djebar is one of the well known film maker in Algeria. She used to write novels based on women empowerment in French language. She had her studies in Sorbonne at France and Paul Valery University of Montpellier. After completing her studies she became a novelist in 1957and her first novel was “La soif”. Almost all the novels of Assia Djebar indicates the young women those who was lived in Algeria.
How Assia Djebar becomes a film maker?
When Assia Djebar was a novelist she used to spend most of the time outside the Algeria. Then she started teaching history and becomes a department head in the University of Algeria. While she was working in Algeria University she tried to prove in another department which is called film making. She also makes a good record in it.
Awards received by Assia Djebar for literature and Film making:
- In 1962 she received a French culture prize for her first novel and international crisis prize for “la noubades femmes du montchenoua”.
- In the year of 1995 she received a price called Maurice Maeterlinck international price for all the creative work she had done.
- In 1999 she elected as a member of Belgian royal academy of French literature.
- On seeing her best work she was named as “silver chair professor” in the year of 2002 at New York.
- Apart from this she received many doctorates and honors for her fulfilled work.
Many people were inspired on his novels from other countries. So some novels have been translated in their comfortable languages. These are the awards and honours received by Assia Djebar. If you want to know more about her you can refer some websites or blogs to know the name of the novel.